Sign in to follow this  
Kade

Pre-Scape Open Beta Closing 06/08/18

Kade    302

Greetings Pre-Scapers,

I want to start off by apologizing for being so quiet these past few weeks without any real announcement about where the direction of our project is heading or whether it was headed any direction whatsoever. This project was started with the idea that our lead project developer dev.pngBane would be able to adequately push out updates for the run time during our Stage 1 & Stage 2 progress, but due to personal issues and school work coming up, this plan was not able to followed as planned. 

As the owner of this project putting together the development team, funding the entire project, and handling the overall direction of this project I take full responsibility of not being able to successfully follow the plans as promised to this community. Regardless whether the development team was not able to do as promised, I should have been able to step up sooner and find a solution for the community. For all of this I am truly apologetic, and I plan to do everything to get us back on track that I originally planned on doing.

These past few months have been a sort of open beta for our community, and much different than other projects out there. We released to the public March 31st, 2018 (Open Beta) without any marketing or advertising in play and continued to do development as our members logged in daily to play our game. 

The plan was to finalize the prioritized game breaking bugs and focus on brand new content to be delivered as soon as possible, but as stated earlier, the development team dev.pngBane & dev.pngStan both had work that needed their attention IRL, and I had to respect both of their decisions. 

Now with all this being said, 

I want to address the game plan from this point on. I have decided that on June 8th, 2018 19:00 CST Pre-Scape (Open Beta) will officially close down and all character files and progress will be saved up until the last minute.

After we shut down Open Beta that has been running these past few months, our developer dev.pngStan, the management team, and I will determine what to prioritize in the time length where the server will be offline. We will work together and have fresh new content, bug fixes, new and improved client enhancements, etc done, in preparation for the Full Release of Pre-Scape. The staff team and I have already got together a lengthy list that the vast majority of the community has already mentioned from time to time, and we will make sure that big aspects of the game will be worked on for the Full Release.

Here is just a small list put together, but much more will definitely be addressed.

Re-Works

• Drop Rates
  • Pay to Win aspects reduced 
  • Donator Benefits Re-Worked
  • More Cash Flow opportunities 
  • Gambling Scene Re-Work 
  • Donator Shops

New Content

• Wilderness Bosses
  • Instances
  • Zulrah
  • OSRS Items
  • Possible New Mini-game

Misc Bug Fixes

Once we come to a determination of when a proper date to have our Full Release, we will re-add the timer to the site of Pre-Scape, and an announcement addressing that will be made. On the day of our Full Release, we will anticipated a larger release than before, in hopes of more players, and a lot more satisfied community members. Now although there will be no economy reset, there will still be a sense of hype, as the amount of new players will be much larger than old. 

I hope you all respect my decision with the game plan of Pre-Scape's future, and I cannot wait to continue taking this project to the top. I would like to also address that our developer dev.pngBane should make a re-appearance in July, so hopefully until then we can get everything put together correctly with the help of dev.pngStan

Thank you for understanding,

Best Regards,

owner2.png Kade

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Operative    23

Seems that things have been sorted out and there's a plan of action once more. A really important announcement which was needed. Thanks, looking forward to a greater release.

Hash    39

I think not doing an eco reset is a huge mistake. People holding 50 nex sets and 20 phat sets on the ''day of release'' is a huge no.

I'd advise having a poll on this, since after all thats the least you can do after what has happened

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

corebe2no    40

Thanks for the work you guys put in to the server...

but what do I have to do in the upcomming weeks?

corebe2no    40
10 minutes ago, Hash said:

I think not doing an eco reset is a huge mistake. People holding 50 nex sets and 20 phat sets on the ''day of release'' is a huge no.

I'd advise having a poll on this, since after all thats the least you can do after what has happened

YE, and ironmen who spend over 700 hours will loose all progress. People who payed 1.000$ wil loose there investment.

I understand the fact tht people are to rich already, maybe get cosmetics first so the eco would be more stable

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hash said:

fuck no. fuck eco reset lol, thats just BS when the eco isnt even nearly broken lol.

Operative    23
27 minutes ago, Hash said:

No one person or entire game has 50 nex sets or 20 phat sets. Those with monopoly over these items will probably not even sell for cheap and wait until new players can afford with the new changes that are going to be implemented to increase cash flow. People will once more start grinding or donating for these items.

• Like 2

Creation    10

About time.

However thanks for putting a plan in-place just make sure to follow through what you say and keep us updated.

Thank you.

Hash    39
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Operative said:

No one person or entire game has 50 nex sets or 20 phat sets. Those with monopoly over these items will probably not even sell for cheap and wait until new players can afford with the new changes that are going to be implemented to increase cash flow. People will once more start grinding or donating for these items.

Poseidon liked your comment and he has a bank pic up with 22 nex sets in it..

stop protecting your bank by voting against something that will help the server in the long run, smh.

w/e tho, idc

Edited by Hash
  • Like 2

Poseidon    23
1 minute ago, Hash said:

Poseidon liked your comment and he has a bank pic up with 22 nex sets in it..

stop protecting your bank by voting against something that will help the server in the long run, smh.

w/e tho, idc

I think you do care :P

39 minutes ago, Operative said:

Those with monopoly over these items will probably not even sell for cheap and wait until new players can afford with the new changes that are going to be implemented to increase cash flow. People will once more start grinding or donating for these items.

This..