Kade

Economy Reset

Economy Reset?  

24 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we reset the economy?

Oxycontin    38
13 hours ago, A/Solcrystal said:

And who the fuck are u? come here and talk like u know things? never seen ur name online. Come here and talk when u know what ur talking about.

Lmfao, you're so salty.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Meradj    12
Posted (edited)

This ECO problem was exactly the same on Zamorak, It's just stupid if you would ECO reset thus far in the project. That will just make people quit the game instantly.

It would have been smarter if you stayed in Private beta and actually tested the whole server out (Eco Wise included). 20-30 testers that are testing the game daily, playing it like it's the live server to find possible op loots and what not. "Where would we get so many testers?" The Discord had plenty of members who were willing to test the beta, there were more than enough applications from people who are able to put in many hours to test the game.

There is also donations of course, people be donating $100+ on launch. Donations should have been opened later on in the project when you started Advertising. That's why you work on a project with a big budget to afford VPS, HOST, Advertisements etc.

But to answer your question, I don't think it would be smart to reset the ECO, too many hours have been put in, too many people have been donating. It's time to think about a big money sink to clean up the ECO. And I'm not talking about something like the Wishing Well, but something way bigger that will benefit the people, but also clean the ECO at the same time. You can't stop the fact that people are willing to donate so much money to a server that is actually worth it, but this should have been planned out correctly.

From reading all of these comments I can see everyone has a different aspect of the issue at hand here. I think the problem is not just the game, but also the team / developers. I know for a fact that @Kade is doing his absolute best to keep the server running, with Bane having IRL issues there is pretty much nothing he could do. I do respect him for putting in countless of hours into this server. @Kade ran Zamorak for a very long time on his own, and I believe that he is capable of doing the same thing with Pre-Scape. We just need to give him the time for it, until then we could all come up with some ideas to clean up this ECO.

If you need some advise, guidance or w/e hmu. Willing to help an old friend out with his server ;).

- Meradj ❤️

Edited by Meradj
  • Like 2

Hades    153
3 hours ago, Bardaloo said:

Just trying to help the situation as staff you should appreciate that instead of trying to put me on blast

I'm sorry you feel that way. I had no desire or intention of "putting [you] on blast" or disrespecting the input you've added to this discussion. 

Kade    706

There will not be an economy reset. We are aware a lot of players are worried that there is a huge influx of items in the economy, but these past few weeks there has been well over thousands of charge backs on the items that were brought into the economy to begin with. So we will be going through and running a scan that wipes all the items regardless of what player has them currently based off the charge backs. So this should solve a majority of your worries anyways, because since the item was charged back via transaction, it should not be in the game anymore. We'll be doing a wipe on any item that was donated for and the customer charged back. Regardless if that item is on someone else's account, if it was donated for, and the original person charged back, we apologize but we'll be wiping it. This may seem unfair, but it is also unfair to keep those items in the economy. With the player base we had, we believe it cannot possibly upset that many players considering there really was no significant count of players.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2