Sign in to follow this  
Kade

Server Update 11/13/18

Kade    782

Greetings Pre-Scapers,

If you have not already, be sure to read yesterdays log and view the changes that were made to get caught up to date : https://pre-scape.com/forum/index.php?/forum/6-updates/

Our goal lately has been trying to knock out as many combat issues as possible. As you have probably noticed ever since we knocked out nearly all the game breaking bugs in our initial returning to development update log, we have been focused more on improving other aspects of the game. 

Pathing was a problem since the start of the release along with following and those issues were dramatically knocked out of the way with the past few updates.

Combat is one of the major parts of any server, and we want to make sure we can come close to perfection as possible. Yesterday's log we announced the arrival of Pker Mode; Which was to create a more appealing atmosphere for pkers in the near future. 

After entering the wilderness myself and fighting agaisnt other players, I could notice a dramatic positive difference in changes.

However there were still some issues we noticed as we continued in-depth testing, and this update log is just a short summary of what was worked on all day today by our developer, Arithium.

Here are the changes since the last update log.

• Players will no longer be able to attack Diagonally using Melee. Before players could swing their weapons across the location of their opponent, and according to RuneScape this should not be possible.  
  • Your player will now attack after it has corrected its pathing for its opponent.

Spoiler

0436b86df3133cc8e8ff08ae14a9410b.gif

• Korasi's Special attack is one of the strongest tier weapons to bring in battle while entering the PvP environment, however it can be quite disapointing if it does not work as it is designed to. We noticed that the special was dealing Melee damage, rather than Magic. So we re-wrote it so it is identical to RuneScape. ( Korasi's Special will deal Magic Damage based off your strength level) 

Spoiler

b37647b12b6f39790f321e61f9a2bf86.gif

• We noticed while players were running at a certain speed with there was a visual bug that allowed it to seem as if the players were still attacking from 4-5 tiles away while using Melee. This has now been fixed. Your character will attack your opponent every 2 steps it takes while it is chasing your opponent (following). Just like RuneScape.

• There is no longer a delay while attacking with Range Weapons

• Your player will no longer stall while it is adjusting its direction towards its opponent. 

• Granite Maul will now be completely instant when attempting to stack or switch to its special attack.

Spoiler

2905fa5c4ebc1c9f8b527e747b8eaf43.gif

• Fixed an issue regarding Pker Mode and giving unnecessary amount of items.

• Miscellaneous following and pathing bugs have been fixed that will improve the quality of our game. 

For those of you who have been waiting for some new content, do not fright, we still plan to release some fresh new content this week as planned. Majority of our content updates always are in relation to combat, so what good would be adding new content if the basics of the game such as combat are not user friendly. 

(Second day of the week, second update as well ;))

Hopefully this is another step to improving our content and reaching perfection.

Thank You.

Best Regards,

owner2.png Kade

• Like 9

LT SURGE    36

Mannnn i jumped outta my car seat when i saw that gmaul switch/spec that is amazing !!! You guys doing excellent work keeep it that way and were going to the top !!! If i have more one thing to say you could add about this is whole pvp system is...please buff the dragon claws because were all tired to hit 4 x 0's on iron armor....but for all the rest man i rlly apreciate the effort you putting into here !! Cant wait for future updates like these !

• Like 1

corebe2no    109

ever 2 days updates wow, dissapointed to see a low number of online ppl :(

ur developers r doing great!

gl to all the pk'ers btw with these updates

Rob    95

Awesome updates, combat is well on the way to perfection now. Only a couple more tweaks and we'll hopefully be there!

Keep up the great work!

Deathrow    53

Woot now all I have to do is learn2pk 😂

This is another update that greatly improves QOL by making things run smoother.

Keep up the good work guys and as always thank you for a job well done.

Much love. ❤️

Kade    782
2 hours ago, Knight said:

lul pking based updates with the wilderness activity of 0, well thanks anyway.

We have plans to invite clans and I'm in the works of bringing some players from that area. Combat plays an important role regarding everything :P But don't worry more updates are on the way and some even with your suggestions and bug reports completed.