Sign in to follow this  
Andyplays

Capes rework

Andyplays    39
Posted (edited)

Nerf's/Buffs

Nerf: Death cape's. There is no reason the death cape (Trade-able) is best in slot over completionist or infernal cape. Could then allow it in the wilderness for risk fights.

Buff infernal cape. Should be tied BiS for Melee (Tied with comp cape)

Buff Completionist cape, should be BiS overall cape. More normal tasks, Comp is so easy, just a very tedious 'grind'

Add

Add max cape variants from OSRS- Max fire/avas/infernal/god capes

Add imbued God capes (Like Mage arena 2)

Trimmed Completionist Cape

This should be the ultimate end game cape. Providing the best possible stats and perks.

Now, since it is an end game cape, it should be very difficult to obtain, like take several hundred hours, just to keep us busy... So, some of the achievements me and others have thought of are these:

Achieve 40-45 Pets
Complete all God Books (Add god pages/books to GWD bosses)
Kill 2,000 Bosses
Kill 20,000 NPC's
Obtain the Infernal Cape/Kill Tzkal-Zuk
Obtain a Christmas Cracker from the Crystal Key Chest
Kill 50 Players in the Wilderness
Create a Spirit Shield (Spectral/arcane/ely/divine)
Create all Godswords (Armadyl,bandos,saradomin,zamorak)
Open 50 Treasure Island Chests
Use 5000 Zombie minigame points
Purchase an item from Trivia/Vote/PkP stores
Purchase an item from shooting star store
Claim 100 Auth's (Incentive to vote u.u)
Complete 50 Boss slayer tasks
Have a total of 250 Hours played
Win 20+ ::FFA's

Now I know that it looks like a lot, because it is. This shouldn't be an easy grind, in fact I believe this is too easy, could add so much more, but I wanted to put it out there for people to leave feedback/suggestions on what to remove/add. So, leave your feedback below and hopefully this can become a thing : )

Edited by Andyplays
  • Like 5

Rob    183

Death capes have needed a nerf since before they were released. They're stupidly op and make it so the comp cape is completely pointless in obtaining unless you're the sort of person who likes going for comp. Few people are like that as things are now because comp is basically useless unless you like mixing and matching colours.. Having comp cape as best in slot (BIS) promotes grinding out the achievements which I only see as a positive personally.

As for the inferno cape, I think having that capes stats tied with comp cape would be a nice benefit. I would like to see the trimmed comp cape have some slightly higher stats again but I'll get into that more in a minute.

I 100% agree with adding more achievements to the comp cape. sure the grind is tedious but it's not insane unless you're on a realism account - the only thing that makes comp insane for realism is dungeoneering in my opinion.

Trimmed comp is something I've always wanted to see in the game. I'd like to see it have BIS stats if it is added, slightly improved from comp cape (assuming comp cape will be changed to BIS) only if we make the requirements extremely challenging. 

The trimmed comp cape is supposed to represent absolute completion of the game. Therefore, it's only fitting that we make the requirements for it immensely difficult and time consuming. Below is my recommendation for some of the requirements - I've edited some of the ones you've listed above as I think some are too easy but I do like all of the ones you've put down:

Achieve 40 Pets
Kill 10,000 Bosses
Kill 50,000 NPC's
Kill 50 Players in the Wilderness
Open 100 Treasure Island Chests
Purchase an item from Trivia & Vote & PkP stores
Complete 100 Boss slayer tasks
Have a total of 500 Hours played (if you're getting 40 pets, you'll have well over this time requirement)
Win 50 ::FFA's

Above are my edits to your list Andy. Below are some things I'd like to see added:

Fill the well of goodness 50 times (any of the 3 wells)

Purchase an item from pest control that costs 10,000 pest control points. There isn't such an item yet but we could add it. This would benefit new payers as it'll help them get a starter void set when they're beginning their journey at Pre-Scape.

Open 10 golden scratch tickets

Enchant 10,000 bolts

Obtain a ring of wealth (i) from a birds nest [if this suggestion is implemented]

Make 500 overload potions

Craft 50 Amulets of fury

Catch 250 dragon implings

I'll add more to this list as I think of more suggestions. 

The list above may seem very daunting. It should be. The point of a trimmed completionist cape is to be the most challenging grind possible. I suggest we call the above tasks "Grandmaster Tasks".

Bring on the grind.

• Like 3

Hamze    127

Support, also agree with rob for the achievements. Capes deff need a rework and p2p for bis items ruins the farming factor of any game

• Like 1

Slide Thru    14

Great suggestions, I'd love to see a trimmed comp cape added in game! It would indeed be a great incentive for everyone to grind for the comp cape if it'd be the BIS cape. Support!

• Like 1

Andyplays    39
4 hours ago, Rob said:

Death capes have needed a nerf since before they were released. They're stupidly op and make it so the comp cape is completely pointless in obtaining unless you're the sort of person who likes going for comp. Few people are like that as things are now because comp is basically useless unless you like mixing and matching colours.. Having comp cape as best in slot (BIS) promotes grinding out the achievements which I only see as a positive personally.

As for the inferno cape, I think having that capes stats tied with comp cape would be a nice benefit. I would like to see the trimmed comp cape have some slightly higher stats again but I'll get into that more in a minute.

I 100% agree with adding more achievements to the comp cape. sure the grind is tedious but it's not insane unless you're on a realism account - the only thing that makes comp insane for realism is dungeoneering in my opinion.

Trimmed comp is something I've always wanted to see in the game. I'd like to see it have BIS stats if it is added, slightly improved from comp cape (assuming comp cape will be changed to BIS) only if we make the requirements extremely challenging. 

The trimmed comp cape is supposed to represent absolute completion of the game. Therefore, it's only fitting that we make the requirements for it immensely difficult and time consuming. Below is my recommendation for some of the requirements - I've edited some of the ones you've listed above as I think some are too easy but I do like all of the ones you've put down:

Achieve 40 Pets
Kill 10,000 Bosses
Kill 50,000 NPC's
Kill 50 Players in the Wilderness
Open 100 Treasure Island Chests
Purchase an item from Trivia & Vote & PkP stores
Complete 100 Boss slayer tasks
Have a total of 500 Hours played (if you're getting 40 pets, you'll have well over this time requirement)
Win 50 ::FFA's

Above are my edits to your list Andy. Below are some things I'd like to see added:

Fill the well of goodness 50 times (any of the 3 wells)

Purchase an item from pest control that costs 10,000 pest control points. There isn't such an item yet but we could add it. This would benefit new payers as it'll help them get a starter void set when they're beginning their journey at Pre-Scape.

Become a donator - obtainable from purchasing a $10 or more either in-game or the online store

Enchant 10,000 bolts

Obtain a ring of wealth (i) from a birds nest [if this suggestion is implemented]

Make 500 overload potions

Craft 50 Amulets of fury

Catch 250 dragon implings

I'll add more to this list as I think of more suggestions. 

The list above may seem very daunting. It should be. The point of a trimmed completionist cape is to be the most challenging grind possible. I suggest we call the above tasks "Grandmaster Tasks".

Bring on the grind.

Agreed with your points, think some of your achievements may be too much, like the 500 Overloads, at least until that system is fixed finally. Rest I like, thanks for the feedback : )

Lancelot    133

These are some great suggestions and I 100% agree with gmod.png Rob that obtaining the trimmed completionist cape should be one hell of a grind. I couldn't agree more with the suggestions for achievements that he has put forward.

Hope this gets added!

• Like 1

Squirrels    31

Love the suggestions, Only thing i dont agree with is Rob's suggestion of making a task being a donor. That basically locks trimmed comp away from any ironmen accounts (if they dont donate irl) which i feel is a bit of a downer for them. Plus ive never been a fan of BiS items being locked behind donation. I think it should be switched out for someting like "open 10 scratchers" Which is 100% possible for an ironman, and any player, Along with still being the "donor sink" for the lazy ones.

Overall some brilliant suggestions from you guys :D 

• Like 3

Roan    16

Support these Cape Suggestions. Not sure I'd ever go for Trim because I think white particles look better than gold, but it'd be a cool options and something I might go for just because.

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this